Friday the 13th
With any luck, I’ll get this posted in time to warn everyone. It’s Friday the 13th, and here are just a few of the things that could go wrong for all you auditors:
- The definition of internal auditing is changed to require everyone to bring donuts.
- It is announced that you have been transferred to Marketing.
- The government repeals Sarbanes-Oxley.
- The word processor changes your reports, and there are now little hearts on top of all the i’s.
- You can’t access the IIA Web site (or, even worse, this blog).
- No matter how many extra words you include, you can’t get your report any more than 20 pages long.
- No one confesses all day.
- You can’t find your thumbscrews.
- The auditees select you as favorite auditor of the year.
- No findings.
- The new chair of your audit committee is a Hilton — Paris Hilton.
- They find out where you live.
So, what bad happened to you on Friday the 13th?
Posted on Nov 13, 2009 by Mike Jacka
Share This Article: