In honor of my pledge to try and complete one humor piece every day this week, an homage to why it is so hard to get started.
10) I just couldn't put down the updated COSO Framework.
9) Those lottery numbers won't check themselves.
8) Daylight savings times always throws me; I set my audit back one month.
7) I was looking for a world map to complete my Risk™ assessment.
6) After the IIA meeting, I just had to ask the chef to give me his recipe for that delicious rubber chicken fricassee.
5) I was trying to find a way to be creative inside the box.
4) I was trying to find the box.
3) I was looking for that last SOX key control I needed to complete my collection of 1,000 key controls you just can't live without.
2) I was looking for something large enough to hold all my big data.
1) To save time, I already wrote the first ten drafts of my final report.