Top 20 Internal Auditor Online Posts 2011 by Norman Marks
Norman Marks, CRMA, CPA, is a vice president for SAP and has been a chief audit executive and chief risk officer at major global corporations for more than 20 years.
In case you missed them, these were the most popular posts on this site (see here for the top posts on my personal blog), based on the number of views.
- How to Start or Redesign an Internal Audit Function: describes the process I follow when starting or upgrading an internal audit function.
- What Is "Risk-based" Auditing? This post discusses the transition to an audit approach designed to assess what matters to an organization, the more significant risks to its achieving its objectives.
- Is Your Internal Audit Function a Positive or a Negative Influence on the Business? Is internal audit so afraid of risks that it becomes an obstacle to the business?
- Risk and Control Issues Commonly Overlooked by Internal Audit 6: The Audit Committee discusses the risk if the audit committee is not effective, and suggests questions the auditor can ask to assess it.
- An Internal Audit Opinion That Means Something advises on how to write an opinion that is useful and valuable to management.
- How to Scope an Audit of Thingamajigs suggests a process to follow when scoping an audit of a new area.
- Measuring the Maturity of Risk Management proposes a risk management maturity model.
- My Top 10 Priorities for Improving Internal Auditing: my answers to the question “where should internal audit focus its efforts over the next year or two?”
- Internal Audit Needs to Be Ready for Changes in Risks Processes and Controls as Business Embraces Mobile. Mobile applications will change not only how people live their lives, but how they work. This post discusses the implications for risk and audit professionals.
- How Do You Determine Whether the Risk Management Process Is "Effective"? Experts share their different views.
- A Strategic Plan for Internal Audit. Every internal audit function should have a strategic plan, and this post shares how that can be achieved.
- Forget the Surveys These Are the Skills I Look for When I Hire Audit or Risk Practitioners: intelligence, curiosity, and imagination top my list!
- GRC Survey: The Results Are In. What does the term "GRC" really mean — to executives, board members, risk practitioners or auditors?
- Internal Audit and SOX Lessons From the 2011 Protiviti SOX Compliance Survey discusses the role of internal audit in SOX compliance.
- Internal Auditing Should Not Fail to Audit Its Own Risk Management Practices. What are the risks to the internal audit function? Are they being treated?
- Too Much Value-add Can Destroy Internal Audit — Maybe My Most Controversial Post to Date takes on the obsession of adding value at the cost of providing assurance.
- Accenture 2011 Global Risk Management Study Important Startling but Deceiving Results includes a wealth of information on effective risk management.
- Risk and Control Issues Commonly Overlooked by Internal Audit 7: The External Auditor. Have you considered the risk to the business if the external auditor fails to perform a quality audit?
- COSO ERM — A Good Framework? This post references a commentary by Grant Purdy, with comments and discussion of the merits of the risk management framework.
- Murdoch and News Corporation Case Shows Need to Revisit Role of Internal Audit. How important is internal audit when you have a corporate culture that is lacking, especially when the CEO is ineffective?
Posted on Jan 31, 2012 by Norman Marks
Share This Article: