Advancing Organizational Governance: Internal Audit's Role
- Item No. : 1086
- ISBN : 978-0-89413-711-2
- Publisher : The Institute of Internal Auditors Research Foundation
- Publish Date : December 2011
- Authors : P. Dean Bahrman, CIA
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 128
- Member Price : $60.00
- Non-Member Price : $70.00
NEW!! From the IIA Research Foundation
This book was written to complement the recently published handbook, Evaluating and Improving Organizational Governance.
Governance, which includes the important subsets of risk, control, and compliance, is the “space” in which internal audit plays. There are tremendous opportunities for internal auditors to add value to their respective organizations through work they can perform in advancing organizational practices.
Author Dean Bahrman, CIA, provides “how to” guidance and tools on:
· Internal audit’s role in providing assurance design and operating effectiveness.
· Key risks and audit steps to take when gathering evidence.
· Using capability maturity models.
· Managing risk.
· Other roles internal audit may fill.
Helpful appendices and suggested further readings are also included. The primary audience for this book is internal audit management. Board/audit committee members with internal audit oversight, executive management, other governance practitioners, academia, and individuals charged with advancing organizational governance in all types and sizes of organizations will also find this book useful.