Auditing the Casino Floor: A Handbook for Auditing the Casino Cage Table Games and Slot Operations, 2nd Edition
- Item No. : 516
- ISBN : 0-89413-567-8
- Publisher : The IIA Research Foundation
- Publish Date : 2005
- Authors : Craig D. Robinson
- Media : Paperback
- Page count : 91
- Dimensions : 5.5 X 8.5
- Member Price : $45.00
- Non-Member Price : $65.00
This book discusses the unique aspects of auditing the casino floor—specifically the casino cage, table games, and slot operations—and the new technology in these departments. It also walks through the currency-transaction reporting audit process, which touches many aspects of casino floor activity. For each of these areas, the book takes readers through the details of the audit—from planning, to execution, to report issuance, to follow-up. It also discusses some potentially high-risk areas within these audits and provides recommended audit steps.
- Providing management, owners, audit committee, tribal council, or board of directors with assurance that the casino's financial reports are a true reflection of the actual results of casino activity.
- Providing external and regulatory auditors with an independent review of controls and an added level of comfort that the casino is self-policing.
- Providing the governance team with assurance that the casino risks are being quantified and addressed effectively and efficiently.
- Giving management and vested-interest individuals added assurance that the casino's core business processes are monitored for compliance with applicable regulations.