Auditing Vendor Relationships - Download PDF
- Item No. : 474.dl
- ISBN : 978-0-89413-511-8
- Publisher : The IIA Research Foundation
- Publish Date : 2003
- Authors : Mark Salamasick, CIA, CISA, CSP, MBA and Chris Linsteadt, MBA, MS
- Media : Download
- Page count : 85
- Member Price : $45.00
- Non-Member Price : $55.00
Please note: This secured PDF document does not allow printing.
The aim of the handbook is to provide the auditor with the tools necessary to create a successful partnership for outsourced services and to provide management with the assurance that the outsourced processes are effective and efficient.
The current trend toward outsourcing is continuing today at a rapid pace. Processes are being turned over and control is being relinquished for many tasks that have been identified as non-core to the company. Many times, these outsourcing partnerships are successful and result in increased profits for the company.
However, on some occasions outsourcing can have unintended and unforeseen consequences for the bottom line of the organization. To avoid these unwanted risks, management should employ the full use of the internal audit department and the skills that many of the internal audit staff bring to the table.
Use this beneficial handbook and you will:
- Discover the value of internal auditing in outsourcing and right sourcing relationships.
- Explore issues and control objectives surrounding outsourcing.
- Gain the necessary tools and skills to create successful partnerships.
- Develop new methods and techniques for identifying and mitigating outsourcing risks.
- Learn how to assure solid vendor relationships.
- Explore the future of outsourcing and the role internal auditors will play.