Balanced Scorecard: Step-by-Step for Government and Nonprofit Agencies, 2nd Ed
- Item No. : 6035
- ISBN : 978-0-470-18002-0
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Publish Date : April 2008
- Authors : Paul R. Niven
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 384
- Member Price : $60.95
- Non-Member Price : $60.95
This book provides an easy-to-follow road map for successfully implementing the Balanced Scorecard methodology in small- and medium-sized companies. Building on the success of the first edition, the second edition includes new cases based on the author's experience implementing the balanced scorecard at government and nonprofit agencies. It is a must-read for any organization interested in achieving breakthrough results.
Significantly updated and enhanced to reflect the latest theory and practice of performance management for the nonprofit and public sectors, this results-focused and practical book:
- Provides a "get-started" questionnaire for readers to assess their agency's readiness and get them started on implementation.
- Includes all-new cases based on the author's experience implementing the Balanced Scorecard in the public and nonprofit sectors.
- Offers completely revamped coverage of Strategy Maps with new sections on how to facilitate a Strategy Map session.
- Introduces the Office of Strategy Management (OSM), a new and vitally important function that seamlessly integrates the worlds of strategy formation and execution.
- Spans the entire spectrum of a Balanced Scorecard implementation.
- Explains how to alter the "geography" of the Balanced Scorecard to fit public and nonprofit agencies.
Public and nonprofit organizations are not immune to the tempest of change swirling about our modern world. Balanced Scorecard: Step-by-Step for Government and Nonprofit Agencies, Second Edition, outlines the very real benefits of the field-proven Balanced Scorecard approach, and details how it can be tailored to the unique requirements and realities of nonprofit and public-sector organizations. Let it show you how to use the Balanced Scorecard to help your organization dramatically improve strategic and fiscal effectiveness and better meet the needs of your stakeholders and board members.