Continuous Auditing: An Operational Model for Internal Auditors
- Item No. : 5001
- ISBN : 0-89413-573-2
- Publisher : The IIA Research Foundation
- Publish Date : 2005
- Authors : Mohammad J. Abdolmohammadi, DBA, CPA
Ahmad Sharbatouglie, Ph.D
- Media : Paperback
- Page count : 159
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 11
- Member Price : $75.00
- Non-Member Price : $90.00
Continuous auditing is a new and evolving methodology with relevance and application potential for technology rich contemporary enterprises from business to government and not-for-profits. The information technology used by these enterprises enables them to receive, process, and report large sums of data on a continuing basis, thus fueling the need for continuous monitoring and auditing. At the same time, information technology advancements lead to the development of new data warehousing and data mining techniques that enabled continous auditing.
This product is also available as a bundle with Continuous Auditing: Potential for Internal Auditors and GTAG 3: Continuous Auditing: Implications for Assurance, Monitoring, and Risk Assessment. Click here to order the bundle.
- Various definitions of continuous auditing.
- Continuous internal auditing concepts.
- Detailed discussion of continuous auditing application areas.
- Data warehousing and data mining techniques.
- Validation issues for continuous internal auditing models.
- Training issues that are based on academic concepts and experience.