Evaluating and Improving Organizational Governance
- Item No. : 1074
- ISBN : 978-0-89413-692-4
- Publisher : The IIA Research Foundation
- Publish Date : March 2011
- Authors : Dean Bahrman
- Media : Paperback
- Page count : 200
- Member Price : $54.99
- Non-Member Price : $66.99
“Does my organization have the right governance practices in place?”
Evaluating and Improving Organizational Governance provides readers with a number of fundamental principles and practices to consider in framing their organization’s governance structures.
Corporate scandals, distrust in organizational leadership, and stakeholders demanding more information, fairness, and direct action have heightened awareness of the need for greater governance.
As an experienced internal auditor you know there is no one-size-fits-all governance model and no “blueprint” for what an organization’s governance structure should look like. A comprehensive, effective governance system will help you discover what it is that you didn’t know you did not know. This is why it is important that all personnel — from the governing board to the organization’s front line — use this handbook to ensure that effective governance exists.
Author Dean Bahrman, CIA, provides comprehensive information, including:
- Building blocks such as defining objectives, goals, strategies, and risk management.
- Outlining the legal requirements and governance codes.
- An Organizational Governance Framework.
- Identifying and defining the roles and responsibilities of key “players” in organizational governance.
- More than 20 internal governance processes to provide basic criteria for evaluation.