Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks & Fraud in Financial Reports, Third Edition
- Item No. : 6072
- ISBN : 9780071703079
- Publisher : McGraw-Hill
- Publish Date : April 2010
- Authors : Howard M. Schilit
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 304
- Member Price : $34.95
- Non-Member Price : $34.95
With major financial scandals popping up in greater numbers—and with more inevitably on the way—it has never been more important for you to understand what dishonest companies do to trick investors. Since the early 1990s, Financial Shenanigans has been helping investors unearth deceptive financial reporting at the most critical time— before they suffer major losses.
Now, the third edition broadens its focus to include the newest, most sophisticated techniques companies use to mislead investors.
Referred to as the “Sherlock Holmes of Accounting” by BusinessWeek, Howard Schilit and renowned forensic accounting expert Jeremy Perler take you deeper into the corporate bag of tricks, exposing new levels of accounting gimmickry and arming you with the investigative tools you need to detect:
- Earnings Manipulation Shenanigans: Learn the latest tricks companies use to exaggerate revenue and earnings.
- Cash Flow Shenanigans: Discover new techniques devised by management that allow it to manipulate cash flow as easily as earnings.
- Key Metrics Shenanigans: See how companies use misleading “key”metrics to fool investors about their financial performance.
Financial Shenanigans brings you completely up to date on accounting chicanery in the global markets, shining a light on the most shocking frauds and financial reporting miscreants. This insightful, detailed guide written by recognized experts on the subject provides the knowledge and tools you need to spot even the most subtle signs of financial shenanigans.