Forensic Document Examination Techniques
- Item No. : 493
- ISBN : 894135414
- Publisher : The IIA Research Foundation
- Publish Date : 2004
- Authors : Thomas W. Vastrick
- Media : Paperback
- Page count : 141
- Dimensions : 5.5 X 8.5
- Member Price : $45.00
- Non-Member Price : $55.00
This how-to handbook includes:
- A summary of the field including the training, equipment, and principles behind the science.
- Information you need to discover potential evidence of forgery or fraud and the tools auditors and investigators use in an examination.
- An in-depth look at forgery and fraud including handwriting, disguises, charred documents, counterfeiting, and anonymous messages.
- Details on how examiners conduct their duties and the assistance auditors can provide.
- An examination of problems that arise in investigations and how to effectively reach scientific conclusions.
- An exploration of how to prepare a court case including collection and preservation of evidence as well as testimony and legal issues.