Global Technology Audit Guide (GTAG) 12: Auditing IT Projects - Download PDF
- Item No. : 1176.dl
- ISBN : 978-0-89413-663-4
- Publisher : The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Publish Date : 2009
- Authors : Karine Wegrzynowicz, Steven Stein
- Media : Download
- Page count : 35
- Member Price : $0.00
- Non-Member Price : $25.00
Auditing IT Projects provides an overview of techniques for effectively engaging with project teams and management to assess the risks related to IT projects.
Insufficient attention to the challenges inherent in any project can result in wasted money and resources, loss of trust, and reputation damage. Early involvement by internal auditors can help ensure positive results and the accompanying benefits. They can serve as a bridge between individual business units and the IT function, point out previously unidentified risks, and recommend controls for enhancing outcomes.
This Practice Guide includes:For more information on the GTAG series, visit our website.
- Key project management risks.
- How the internal audit activity can actively participate in the review of projects while maintaining independence.
- Five key components of IT projects for internal auditors to consider when building an audit approach.
- Types of project audits.
- A suggested list of questions for use in the IT project assessment