(Practice Guide) Internal Auditing and Fraud - Download PDF
- Item No. : 1183.dl
- Publisher : The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Publish Date : December 2009
- Media : Download
- Page count : 37
- Member Price : $0.00
- Non-Member Price : $24.99
This Practice Guide is provided as a service to members of The IIA.
IIA members: Please LOGIN to download a FREE copy (PDF).
Non-members: Add this item to your shopping cart to purchase a copy for download. Please allow 48-72 hours after placing the order to receive an email containing the link and access code to download your purchased product.
Learn more about the value of an IIA Membership.
Practice Guides provide detailed guidance for conducting internal audit activities. They include detailed processes and procedures, such as tools and techniques, programs, and step-by-step approaches, as well as examples of deliverables. Practice Guides are part of The IIA's International Professional Practices Framework. As part of the Strongly Recommended category of guidance, compliance is not mandatory, but it is strongly recommended and the guidance is endorsed by The IIA through formal review and approval process.
- Fraud awareness (e.g., reasons and examples for fraud and potential fraud indicators).
- Fraud roles and responsibilities.
- Internal audit responsibilities during audit engagements (e.g., execution responsibilities and communicating with the board).
- Fraud risk assessment (e.g., identifying relevant fraud risk factors and mapping existing controls to potential fraud schemes and identifying gaps).
- Fraud prevention and detection.
- Fraud investigation.
- Forming an opinion on internal controls related to fraud.
- The guide also includes reference material, questions to consider, and a fraud risk assessment template.
This may be applicable to and useful for:
- Chief audit executives (CAEs)
- Executive and operating management
- Other assurance providers (OAPs)
- Other professional regulatory bodies