No More Excuses: The Five Accountabilities for Personal and Organizational Growth
- Item No. : 6057
- ISBN : 978-0-470-53192-1
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Publish Date : January 2010
- Authors : Sam Silverstein
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 182
- Member Price : $24.95
- Non-Member Price : $24.95
In No More Excuses, Silverstein identifies the Five Accountabilities shared by all truly successful people and organizations.
• Shows why accountability gives businesses and individuals the competitive edge
• How to instill accountability throughout the enterprise
• How the Five Accountabilities can support both values and strategic intent.
• Includes interviews with 50 carefully chosen Accountability Masters from six continents and all walks of life—including academics, Fortune 500 CEOs, and Hall of Fame athletes.
Early in the Minnesota Twins 2009 exhibition season, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire discovered a note on his desk from Justin Morneau, his star first baseman. It read: “Gardy: I forgot to run sprints after the workouts yesterday; I am fining myself.” Next to the note was a hundred-dollar bill.
Entrepreneur, author, and speaker Sam Silverstein asks: Is Justin Morneau accountable because he's a superstar or is he a superstar because he's accountable?
No More Excuses also features on-line resources for implementing and reinforcing each of the Five Accountabilities on a daily basis. Read it—and expand your own Accountability Zone!