No One Would Listen: A True Financial Thriller
- Item No. : 6059
- ISBN : 978-0-470-55373-2
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Publish Date : March 2010
- Authors : Harry Markopolos
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 376
- Member Price : $27.95
- Non-Member Price : $27.95
?xml:namespace>No One Would Listen is the exclusive story of the Harry Markopolos-led investigation into Bernie Madoff and his $65 billion Ponzi scheme. While a lot has been written about Madoff's scam, few actually know how Markopolos and his team, affectionately called "The Fox Hounds" by Markopolos himself, uncovered what Madoff was doing years before this financial disaster reached its pinnacle. Unfortunately, no one listened, until the damage of the world's largest financial fraud ever was irreversible.
- Provides a firsthand account of how Markopolos uncovered Madoff's scam years before it actually fell apart.
- Discusses how the SEC missed the red flags raised by Markopolos.
- Describes how Madoff was enabled by investors and fiduciaries alike.
- Is the only book to tell the story of Madoff's scam and the SEC's failings by those who saw both firsthand.