Sarbanes-Oxley for Nonprofits: A Guide to Building Competitive Advantage
- Item No. : 6096
- ISBN : 978-0-471-69788-6
- Publisher : John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Publish Date : April 2005
- Authors : Peggy M. Jackson, DPA, CPCU
Toni E. Fogarty, PHD, MPH
- Media : Hardcover
- Page count : 234
- Dimensions : 6.25 X 9.25
- Member Price : $68.50
- Non-Member Price : $68.50
A complete guide to leveraging the power of Sarbanes-Oxley -- specifically for nonprofits.
The first book to discuss the implications of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation as it relates to nonprofit organizations, Sarbanes-Oxley for Nonprofits is an essential guide for all nonprofit executives and boards who want to know how the new legislation can enhance their organization's mission.
- Practices intended to establish a "platinum standard" of operations and governance within the nonprofit.
- Coverage of audits, financial statements, board activities and decision making, how to teach board members to read and interpret financial statements, conflicts of interest, whistle-blower protection, and how to leverage these standards to gain a competitive advantage.
- Sarbanes-Oxley best practices and the organizational culture.
- Sample documents, forms, and checklists to introduce these best practices into any nonprofit organization.
- And much more!