FSA Times Hot Topics
Below is a list of topics identified in FSA Times
' readership surveys that members would like to read about. If you are interested in writing about a topic below, or have another idea you would like to submit, contact the editor, Shannon Steffee
- Auditing ERM programs.
- Auditing incentive and bonus plans.
- Internal auditing’s role in credit.
- Best practices…
- Broker-dealer operations.
- Compliance (banking, insurance, etc.)
- Derivatives and related issues.
- Fraud (prevention/detection, schemes, assessment and controls, internal auditing’s role).
- Commercial real estate lending.
- Health insurance reform and implications to the audit populations/plans.
- "How to" articles – identify bloated balance sheets, conduct an FCPA audit, audit complex regulations/products, etc.
- Auditing remote deposit capture.
- Market risk rule.
- Mitigating risk posed by information stored on photocopiers, fax machines, and printers (FDIC guidance).
- Auditing customer privacy risks.
- Bank asset/liability management.
- Fair value reporting.
- Auditing the corporate strategy-setting process.
- Insurance regulation.
- Regulations and their impact (anti-money laundering, Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, Dodd-Frank, Basel, International Financial Reporting Standards, Solvency II, etc.)