TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN THE IIA
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is the leading source for information and guidance about the internal audit profession. For internal audit practitioners and those impacted by the profession, membership in The IIA is a critical component of your overall strategy for career success. As an IIA member, you are better positioned to add value to your organization through the host of benefits that come with belonging. Here are the top 10 reasons why nearly170,000 members have joined The IIA:
- Worldwide Network of Professionals: With members in 165 countries, The IIA network provides advice, support, and best-practice guidance for the profession. Participate in a variety of online discussion groups or join The IIA’s online networking tool, Member Exchange™.
- World-Class Training Opportunities: Conferences, seminars, onsite training, and e-Learning provide leading-edge audit tools and techniques to expand your skill set through industry-leading experts.
- Local Involvement: On a local level, you’ll make valuable, lasting connections through local chapter involvement. It’s an ongoing opportunity to share information, support one another, and create mutually beneficial alliances.
- Opportunities to Advance Your Professionalism: Whether it’s the CIA, CCSA, CFSA, or CGAP, an IIA certification sets you apart and demonstrates your internal audit expertise.
- Increased Knowledge: Blogs, webcasts, surveys, e-newsletters, and the award-winning Internal Auditor magazine provide a global perspective on the latest news affecting the profession.
- Professional Guidance: The IIA Standards, practice advisories, practice guides, and the Common Body of Knowledge provide must-have guidance to enable you to perform at your very best.
- Leadership Development: As a member, you can lend your expertise by speaking at conferences, writing articles, contributing to research, or teaching other professionals at an IIA seminar.
- Awards and Recognition: You work hard to make a difference in your organization and in the internal audit profession. Be recognized for your commitment and achievement through local, national, and global awards programs.
- Books and Research: Exclusive member pricing on bookstore items written for internal auditors by internal auditors.
- Job Opportunities: The IIA’s online career center affords members the opportunity to take the next step in their career through valuable job search tools and resources.