The Institute of Internal Auditors' Mission
The IIA will be the global voice of the internal audit profession: Advocating its value, promoting best practice, and providing exceptional service to its members.
The mission of The Institute of Internal Auditors is to provide dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Activities in support of this mission will include, but will not be limited to:
- Advocating and promoting the value that internal audit professionals add to their organizations;
- Providing comprehensive professional educational and development opportunities; standards and other professional practice guidance; and certification programs;
- Researching, disseminating, and promoting to practitioners and stakeholders knowledge concerning internal auditing and its appropriate role in control, risk management, and governance;
- Educating practitioners and other relevant audiences on best practices in internal auditing; and
- Bringing together internal auditors from all countries to share information and experiences.
Download the 2010-2014 IIA Objectives (PDF)
Administrative Directives are approved by the Executive Committee of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) under the authority of the Board of Directors. An Administrative Directive specifies the process and related procedures that The IIA follow in administering the programs and activities included in The IIA's mission and/or objectives.