Financial organizations have spent millions of dollars to secure software, train and hire exceptional personnel, and establish strong operational programs in the Lines of Business. However, how do you examine Machine Learning and institute a well-equipped Audit Program for Robotics to ensure full coverage and mitigate the risk with these emerging technologies? As the business continues to evolve their processes and enter into more unconventional endeavors to drive revenue and keep pace with competitors, internal audit also needs to be innovative and cutting-edge in order to protect the organization.
In this session, participants will be able to:
- Define what Artificial Intelligence and Robotics mean in Financial Services.
- Understand how internal audit can add value to an organizations Artificial Intelligence and Robotics program.
- Identify whether AI is a “black box” internal audit can break open.
- Discuss auditing algorithms; the effect of regulatory scrutiny on complex mathematical models.
- Learn the level of technical competence needed to overcome the audit hurdles.
- Discuss how AI and robotics can help with internal audit speed and quality.
Bob Herman, CISA, CRISC
Director, Intelligent and Robotics Process Automation Leader, RSM US LLP
Bob Herman is a director with over 23 years of experience assessing, designing, and implementing internal control and process improvement solutions. As the leader of RSM’s Risk Consulting Intelligent and Robotics Process Automation practice, Bob is tasked with helping both RSM and our clients become more "digital" as it relates to the assessment and performance of internal controls. Bob has been trained on Automation Anywhere, UiPath, Virtual Operations VOLT RPA implementation methodology, and is familiar with other automation tools and techniques. To date, Bob has lead the design and implementation of 50+ “bots” primarily in the areas of controls performance and controls validation to help improve and automate repetitive tasks performed by the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines of defense. He also has experience in most industries including industrial products, retail and consumer, banking, pharmaceutical, energy, and high tech. Bob has spoken at multiple conferences and training sessions on the topic of SAP security and controls, project assurance and intelligent and robotics process automation.