In this workshop, attendees will be motivated to consider how to embed sustainability risks and opportunities into their business practices and processes to improve decision-making and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of management processes.
|Sunday, July 17, 2022||1:00-5:00PM CDT||$395.00||McCormick Place Convention Center
2301 S King Dr, Chicago, IL 60616
Conference Sessions: South Hall
Registration & Exhibition: Lakeside Center
This workshop may be added to the 2022 International Conference Chicago experience or can be registered to attend independently from the conference.
- Duration 4 Hours
- Cpe Hours Available 4.2
- NASBA Field Of Study Specialized Knowledge
- NASBA Knowledge Level Basic
- Prerequisites None
- Advance Preparation None
The global risk landscape has changed. ESG risks are now front and center of all business risks. Equally, under increasing pressure from civil society, customers and governments, leading global businesses have started to make net-zero and nature positive commitments, set science-based targets to align with 1.5 climate scenarios, and commit to delinking operations from natural resource degradation. On a practical level, however, ensuring these commitments and ambitions are upheld will require rethinking all aspects of business and embedding ESG, and specifically nature, into all functions of business.
This workshop will motivate attendees to consider how to embed sustainability risks and opportunities into their business practices and processes to improve decision-making and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of management processes.
It will focus on the role that internal audit can play in providing assurance to the governing body that the business is effectively assessing all potential risks, including ESG-related risks. The workshop will address corporate purpose, the importance of robust governance, stakeholder engagement, management of risks, and opportunities to support business decision-making and improve processes to drive a more integrated organization that creates and protects value.
After attending the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the changing business landscape
- Understand why ESG matters to your business
- Explore the business case for embedding sustainability into risk management, control, and governance practices
- Be more aware of Internal Audit’s role in supporting business decision-making.
- Be informed on enhanced approaches to risk management better integrate ESG-related risks
- Be better prepared to provide the governing body with decision-useful information
The workshop will incorporate several different learning approaches including presentations, interactive discussion, Q&A, and group activities.
Discussion topics will include:
- Identifying, assessing, and prioritizing ESG-related risks and understanding the impact on business objectives
- The role of internal audit in ensuring effective risk management
- Application and approaches to improving business practices and integrating sustainability
Chief Operating Officer , WBCSD (TBC) / Lecturer - Yale School of Management
Brad Monterio, DProf, FCA, PFIIA
Executive Vice President of Member Competency and Learning, The Institute of Internal Auditors