Sessions will deliver a dynamic learning experience for emerging leaders in the internal audit profession
LAKE MARY, Fla. (Oct 3, 2023) – The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA) – the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance worldwide – will hold its annual IGNITE conference, "Where Internal Audit Leaders Emerge" from October 24-26 in Las Vegas, with a virtual option also available.
The conference is designed to engage future leaders of the profession in an interactive experience to grow their technical skills and cultivate the tools needed to develop and advance within their organizations.
The IGNITE conference features three general sessions and 41 concurrent sessions over a three-day period, designed to foster career development. The sessions provide attendees the chance to hear from industry leaders on the topics having the greatest impact on the future of the profession, including cybersecurity, disruptive technologies, data analytics, and ESG. In-person attendees will also have the chance to take part in an internal audit function alternate reality game.
“In today’s ever changing risk landscape, a lifelong learning mindset is a requirement for internal audit leaders,” said IIA President and CEO Anthony Pugliese, CIA, CPA, CGMA, CITP. “The IGNITE conference provides emerging leaders with the opportunity to hear from the profession’s brightest minds. It’s a great opportunity to hear about the key issues that are impacting our profession and learn best practices for effectively managing them within organizations.”
The IGNITE conference will feature sessions on the most critical risks and innovations impacting the future of the profession, as well as presentations focused on professional development and leadership. Sessions include:
- A pre-conference workshop on creating a strong ethical culture within an organization.
- A detailed explanation on how to develop and execute a communication plan to increase visibility and grow professional networks, both inside and outside organizations.
- An exploration into how organizations are utilizing data analytics, and how analytics can transform the internal audit function.
- A deep dive into generative AI and ChatGPT, highlighting the opportunities and risks associated with these emerging technologies.
- An outline of the complexity and risks associated with third-party vendors and services, and how best to mitigate those risks.
- A closing keynote speech by Nir Bashan on opportunities to enhance workplace creativity.
Media representatives are invited to attend the IGNITE conference either in person or virtually. Those interested in attending can contact James Schiavone, Lansons, email@example.com, +1 917-238-9614.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association that serves more than 235,000 global members and has awarded more than 190,000 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications worldwide. Established in 1941, The IIA is recognized throughout the world as the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance. For more information, visit theiia.org.