Quote/Order Terms And Conditions
Quote - Customers may create and download a quote without committing to pay for the order. Quotes expire after 60 days. Customers may return to the quote and convert it into an invoice for payment (i.e., Pending Order) within the 60-day Quote period. After converting a quote to a pending order, the customer will have the remainder of the original 60-day period to post payment. A new quote can be created at any time.
Pending Order - A pending order is a commitment to pay. The customer may choose a direct payment method (e.g., credit card) or a deferred payment method (e.g., wire transfer with an automatic $20 wire fee, ACH from a U.S. bank, or a check). Unpaid orders will expire at the end of the original 60-day period when the original quote was created.
Customs fees and associated costs - Customers will be responsible for any duties, taxes, or surcharges levied or charged upon entry of the package; therefore, customers need to check with local authorities before placing their orders for physical items to confirm taxes and duties. If a customer rejects a parcel, no reimbursement will be granted associated with that order.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE IIA’S CODE OF ETHICS
Members, recipients of, or candidates for IIA professional certifications agree to abide by The IIA’s Code of Ethics as it exists or may be modified in the future. Any member may be subject to disciplinary procedures, and their membership subject to termination, for violation of the Code of Ethics as prescribed by the Board of Directors.
For IIA members, recipients of, or candidates for IIA professional certifications, breaches of the Code of Ethics will be evaluated and administered according to The IIA’s Bylaws, the Process for Disposition of Code of Ethics Violation, and the Process for Disposition of Certification Violation. The fact that particular conduct is not mentioned in the Rules of Conduct does not prevent it from being unacceptable or discreditable. Therefore, the member, certification holder, or candidate can be liable for disciplinary action.
PUBLIC SECTOR AND EDUCATOR MEMBERSHIP TIER ATTESTATIONS
For the following IIA Membership Tier Classifications, the respective member attests that the membership purchase and member inclusion in the:
- IIA Educator Membership Tier, warrants that the respective member is principally employed as an educator at a college or university.
- IIA Public Sector Membership Tier, warrants that the respective member is employed by a government entity (local, regional, national, or international) or a publicly controlled or funded agency, enterprise, or other organization that delivers public goods, services, or programs.
All purchases made on The IIA Store are calculated in US Dollars.
No exam fee refunds or credits will be made once you accept the price and complete the purchase; registration fees cannot be refunded once payment has been submitted. Exceptions may be permitted for candidates with extenuating circumstances (e.g., illness, maternity or paternity, death in the family, civil unrest, natural disaster, or military service). In a situation such as this, you should submit a case through CCMS detailing the extenuating circumstances. All claims will be reviewed and determined on a case-by-case basis.
All membership purchases are final and nonrefundable.
IIA Bookstore Products
The IIA guarantees your satisfaction! If the product you order does not meet your needs, send it back to the IIA Distribution Center along with a copy of your packing slip within 30 days, and we will gladly issue a refund or credit. The product must be in restockable condition. Please address your return to:
IIA Distribution Center
9050 Junction Drive
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Please allow four to six weeks for a refund. The amount of the refund or credit will be the invoice amount less the shipping and handling charge, other prepaid postage charges, and the US $30 bank collection charge (if applicable).
- The IIA is not responsible for merchandise damaged while being returned to us and will not issue a credit or a refund. The customer will be responsible for filing a claim with the shipper.
- The IIA does not accept returns of downloadable or online products including eBooks.
- College and university bookstores will be charged a 5 percent restocking fee.
- The IIA will also not issue a refund or credit for discontinued merchandise.
If returned outside of the parameters of the return policy, the shipment will be returned to the customer at the customer's expense.
Please contact CustomerRelations@theiia.org via email if you have questions regarding a product you have purchased.
*Please scroll to the bottom of the page for a detailed Shipping Policy.
Cancellations must be made in writing before the event's start date. There is no cancellation fee for cancellations received 30 days before the event start date. A nonrefundable service charge of US $295 will be charged for cancellations within 30 days before the event start date ($175 for 1-day conferences). No refunds will be given for cancellations 2 weeks before the event start date. All requests for refunds will be processed within 30 days following the program. Fees, courses, and program content are subject to change without notice.
Exception: We do allow you to transfer from in-person to virtual or vice versa until the start date of the event with no cancellation fee.
In-Person and Online Courses
Cancellations must be made in writing before the event start date. The IIA's cancellation policy for Online and In-Person courses is as follows:
- No cancellation fee for cancellations received more than four weeks out from the start of the event.
- A non-refundable service charge* will apply for cancellations received from four to two weeks out from the start of the event. This fee will be waived if another training program is purchased at the time of cancellation.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations received two weeks or less from the event's start.
All requests for refunds will be processed within 30 days following the program. Fees, courses, and program content are subject to change without notice.
*Service charges for cancellations are as follows:
3 CPE course: $100
4 CPE course: $125
6 CPE course: $175
8 CPE course: $250
12 CPE course: $350
16 CPE and above course: $495
OnDemand course and bundle purchases are final and nonrefundable.
1. Order Processing
a. All orders are processed within 2 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after your order confirmation email. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped.
b. All items are shipped from the US.
c. Most items shipped are shipped via UPS.
2. Domestic Shipping Rates & Estimates
a. Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
b. Domestic Shipping Options
i. UPS Ground
1. Delivered within 2-5 business days.
ii. UPS 2nd Day Air
1. Delivered within 2 business days.
3. International Shipping Rates & Estimates
a. We offer international shipping to all countries that are not under US General Trade Embargo.
b. Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout. These charges do not include import fees.
c. International Shipping Options (Varies by country & region)
i. UPS Standard to Canada & Mexico ONLY (*Additional brokerage fees may apply)
1. Delivered to country within 5 to 10 business days.
2. On day of delivery, by end of day.
ii. UPS Worldwide Expedited
1. Delivered to country within 5 to 14 business days.
2. On day of delivery, by end of day.
iii. UPS Worldwide Saver
1. Delivered to Country by within 5 to 14 business days.
2. On day of delivery, by end of day.
d. Your order may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT) or potential other fees according to your country’s import laws, which are incurred once a shipment reaches your destination country. The Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc. is not responsible for these charges if they are applied and are your responsibility as the customer.
e. Import of goods is the responsibility of you as the customer and you are responsible for working directly with the carrier to pay any applicable fees or provide additional information upon request.
4. Shipping to P.O. boxes
a. We DO NOT ship to P.O. boxes. A physical address is required.