Welcome to the IIA Western Carolinas Chapter
The Western Carolinas Chapter of the IIA (WCIIA) has members of various experiences and represents audit in multiple industries, such as banking, construction, education, insurance, financial services, manufacturing, medical, and retail. WCIIA offers local training, education, and networking opportunities through our meetings and events.
The mission of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is to provide dynamic leadership for the global profession of internal auditing. Activities in support of this mission will include, but will not be limited to:
- Advocating and promoting the value internal audit professionals add to their organizations.
- Providing comprehensive professional educational and development opportunities, standards and other professional practice guidance, and certification programs.
- Researching, disseminating, and promoting knowledge concerning internal auditing and its appropriate role in control, risk management, and governance to practitioners and stakeholders.
- Educating practitioners and other relevant audiences on best practices in internal auditing.
- Bringing together internal auditors from all countries to share information and experiences.
To contact any of our Chapter Officers or Board Members, please email: Chapter148@iiachapters.org.
Dartalian Harris, CRMA
Discover Financial Services
Becky Terry, CPA, CGMA, NCRM, MBA,Treasurer
RTE and Company LLC
Nina Dunlap , Membership Officer
Cordell Simmons, JD, Programming Officer
Trisha Burnett, CPA, CIA, CGAP, CCSA, CFE, Certification Officer
Western Carolina University