Virtual, interactive event to explore issues impacting the internal audit profession
LAKE MARY, Fla. (10 May, 2021) — From harnessing the power of technology to defining the internal auditor of tomorrow, The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Conference, hosted by IIA-Singapore, will provide insight and instruction on where the profession is heading, the tools for getting there, and how practitioners can take charge of their future amid disruption.
The conference, scheduled for June 14–18, will be fully virtual and feature an array of leading speakers and educational opportunities over more than 50 live and 33 rebroadcast sessions. The conference will take place in Singapore Standard Time, but there will be multiple viewing options to accommodate a global audience in time zones around the world.
Headlining the 2021 International Conference will be a special keynote by Singapore’s Indranee Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office and Second Minister for Finance and National Development.
“Each year, we look forward to bringing together world-class speakers and other specialized presenters to offer their expert views on issues directly affecting organizations and the internal audit profession,” Pugliese said. “This year’s event takes on even greater importance as we navigate a world still reeling from a devastating pandemic, but also one positioned for remarkable opportunities. Internal auditors will benefit greatly from our planned sessions, particularly those focused on key developments in technology, to provide crucial foresight to their organizations and other stakeholders.”
Other highlights of the conference include:
- Marcus East, Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer at T-Mobile, who has built a reputation as a “creative technologist” and enjoys solving difficult problems in innovative ways, whether they are complex business challenges or life-changing social issues.
- Dame Inga Beale, DBE, former chief executive of Lloyd’s of London and a workplace equality advocate, who is recognized for her influential work in driving inclusion for women and the LGBT community. This session will be moderated by recently appointed IIA Global President and Chief Executive Officer, Anthony J. Pugliese, CPA, CGMA, CITP, who has been a strong advocate of proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion issues.
- Dr. Ayesha Khanna, Ph.D., co-founder and CEO of ADDO AI in Singapore, who will discuss how new technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and robotics, can offer urban businesses and citizens higher quality, more productive, and more sustainable lifestyles.
- Keren Elazari, a cybersecurity analyst, author, and “friendly hacker,” who will explore how we must adapt and build a global digital immune system amid rampant cyberattacks.
- IIA Chair of the Global Board, Jenitha John, CIA, QIAL, South African, and IIA Global Board Director of Global Services, Ranjit Singh Taram Singh, CIA, CRMA, Malaysia, will probe internal audit imperatives in the post-COVID-19 environment.
- Afshin Molavi, senior fellow at the Foreign Policy Institute, and Institute and Co-director of the emerge85 Lab at Johns Hopkins University (USA) School of Advanced International Studies, who will examine five key demographic and universal growth trends that are reshaping our world.
“As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to disrupt business activity across the globe, there are opportunities abound for internal auditors to prove their value as a trusted advisor to the board. We are pleased to partner IIA Global’s 2021 International Conference, and hope to facilitate innovative solutions and impactful insight to address internal audit challenges in today’s new norm. Through this event, we are connecting our global community and helping them gain insights from top thought leaders across different geographies through carefully curated content as part of their continuing education,” said Chin Beng Koh, CIA, CA (Singapore), President of IIA-Singapore, and Conference Co-chair, and Boon Yen Tan, CIA, CRMA, CA (Singapore), Immediate Past President of IIA-Singapore, and Conference Co-chair.
For more about the 2021 International Conference, visit the International Conference page.
The Institute of Internal Auditors
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is a nonprofit international professional association that serves more than 230,000 global members and has awarded more than 185,000 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications worldwide. Established in 1941, The IIA is recognized throughout the world as the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance. For more information, visit theiia.org.