Say Hello & Goodbye to Cognitive Biases
This thought-provoking and eye-opening release by the Internal Audit Foundation will raise awareness of how cognitive biases influence decision-making and judgment in the business and audit environment. Part 1 of the 4 part series, “Recognizing and Mitigating Cognitive Biases: A Threat to Objectivity,” seeks to answer the very basic, yet quite complex, question, “What is cognitive bias?”
Included are examples of cognitive biases that are inherent to business strategies, decisions, and actions. Internal auditors need to consider their impacts not only on their assurance and advisory work, but also on management of the internal audit function, and develop appropriate responses.
This release will help internal audit achieve its mission and vision by:
- Raising the awareness of how cognitive biases influence our thinking and decision-making.
- Identifying the common cognitive biases and their impact on the business and audit environment.
- Helping management to minimize and overcome biases that might influence their thinking, decision-making and, ultimately, achievement of business objectives.
- Assisting the audit team to minimize and overcome biases in executing assurance and advisory work.
- Guiding audit management to minimize and overcome biases in managing the audit function and stakeholder relationships.
- Showing how to offer insights, influence behaviors, and challenge biases in a professional manner.
Learn how to recognize your cognitive biases blind spot and overcome them. Order now.
ADDITIONAL COGNITIVE BIASES RESOURCES
Live Streaming ESG & DEI Symposium: June 14 & 16
This much-needed learning experience was developed to illustrate why it’s essential for internal audit to be more involved in the organization’s ESG efforts, and gets attendees from understanding the fundamental concepts to implementation to add value to the organization and positively affect culture on all things DEI. Register now.
INTERNAL AUDITOR MAGAZINE
Apr 01, 2022