LAKE MARY, Fla. (February 9, 2024) — The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA) – the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance worldwide – has shared a robust collection of tools and resources to help internal auditors incorporate the new Global Internal Audit Standards™ into their practice.
The new Standards, which were released in early January, will become effective in January of 2025, though The IIA encourages early adoption. The new Standards are designed to optimize internal audit performance across all industries by providing a comprehensive and accessible guide to internal audit principles and requirements. The release of the new Standards marked a key milestone in the IPPF Evolution, an initiative that ensures The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework remains relevant and valuable to IIA members and their organizations amidst a rapidly changing audit and business environment.
The portfolio of guidance and support materials offered by The IIA features webinars, virtual or in-person courses, pre-conference workshops, reports, and more to aid in the education and adoption of the new Standards.
- Free Documents
- Free online webinars:
- Get to Know the New Global Internal Audit Standards – Available on-demand.
- What the New Standards Mean to Quality Assessments – Offered virtually on February 13, 2024.
- In-depth courses:
- Navigating the Global Internal Audit Standards – Offered virtually and in-person on various dates between February 2024 – December 2024.
- Ethically Mastering the Global Internal Audit Standards – Offered virtually on select dates between February – July 2024.
- Dedicated pre-conference workshops:
- 2024 GAM Conference: Pre-Conference Workshop – Offered virtually and in-person on March 10, 2024.
- 2024 International Conference: Pre-Conference Workshop – Offered virtually and in-person on July 14, 2024.
- Private group training on the new Standards is also offered by The IIA – members can email email@example.com for more information.
- Internal Auditor Magazine
- The February edition of Ia magazine is dedicated to exploring the New Standards.
- Coming Soon
- The IIA will be releasing two products available for purchase: an eBook ahead of the GAM conference in March and a new printed version of the Global Internal Audit Standards, commonly known as The Red Book™, ahead of the International Conference in July.
To learn more about the new Standards and how to incorporate them before the effective date, visit theiia.org/NewStandards.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors and the Internal Audit Profession
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value, improve an organization’s operations, and help organizations meet their goals. Internal auditors are strategic business partners who bring an in-depth understanding of business culture, systems, and processes, which helps them evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association that serves more than 245,000 global members and has awarded more than 195,000 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications worldwide. Established in 1941, The IIA is recognized throughout the world as the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance. For more information, visit theiia.org.