Why Become Certified?
There are many reasons to earn an official IIA certification designation. Whether it's the hallmark designation of internal audit — the Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®) designation — or one of our four specialty industry certifications, obtaining a certification is professionalism defined.
Earning your certification is like having a key to the vast world of opportunities the profession of internal auditing offers placed in the palm of your hand. It can open doors you did not even know existed, as the three or four letters that now follow your name will make one powerful statement about the expertise you bring to the table. Ultimately, becoming certified will:
- Help you earn credibility and respect in your field.
- Open more opportunities for advancement.
- Increase your earning potential by as much as 51%.*
- Prove your willingness to invest in your own development.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
- Improve your internal audit skills and knowledge.
- Build confidence in your knowledge of the profession.
*According to The IIA’s 2017 Internal Audit Compensation Study (based on U.S. responses).
The Internal Audit Practitioner designation is a great way to demonstrate internal audit aptitude.Learn More