LAKE MARY, FLA. (Aug. 28, 2023) – The Institute of Internal Auditors (The IIA) – the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance worldwide – will host its annual Financial Services Exchange from September 11-12 in Washington, D.C., along with a virtual attendee option.
The Exchange provides internal auditors in the financial services space with the opportunity to share their greatest takeaways, tools, and techniques with other leaders. Financial services organizations operate in a heavily regulated environment and therefore face unique risks. This year has offered multiple high-profile examples of the fallout from not effectively managing those risks, including the regional banking crisis and the dramatic collapse of FTX. Internal auditors play an important role in protecting their organizations by staying ahead of the curve in this dynamic environment, and the Exchange offers them the perfect opportunity to do so.
The Exchange features 21 concurrent sessions, providing diverse content relevant across industries and audit teams of all sizes, including:
- The opening keynote from Ron Hammond, Director, Government Relations at the Blockchain Association, which will provide an overview of the digital asset policy for the 118thS. Congress.
- An exploration into the risks and opportunities of generative AI and ChatGPT, as well as how internal auditors can incorporate the necessary enhancements to enterprise risk management to account for the new technologies.
- A discussion on how to deepen internal audit’s impact on cybersecurity, with an examination of the SEC’s final rule on cybersecurity risk management.
- The opportunities and challenges that blockchain and cryptocurrency bring to the financial services industry.
- Author and speaker Mike Evans’ closing keynote on how to thrive, excel, and lead through change.
In addition to the profession-leading content, the conference offers networking opportunities for attendees to connect with their peers and discuss shared experiences within the financial services industry.
Attendees can earn up to 13 CPE credits during the two-day conference.
Media members are invited to attend the Financial Services Exchange in person or virtually. Reporters who are interested in attending can contact James Schiavone, Lansons, email@example.com, 917-238-9614.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association that serves more than 235,000 global members and has awarded more than 190,000 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications worldwide. Established in 1941, The IIA is recognized throughout the world as the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance. For more information, visit theiia.org.