Help The Internal Audit Foundation Execute Innovative Research
The Internal Audit Foundation executes global research initiatives to advance the practice of the profession.
Foundation research initiatives serve as a conduit for identifying the trends that shape best practices through:
- Facilitating focus groups and research roundtables.
- Execution of global practitioner surveys.
- Conducting in-depth interviews with subject matter experts.
- Analyzing data to understand emerging trends and practitioner insights.
- Publishing comprehensive reports and white papers.
Become an Author
Audit practitioners and educators are uniquely positioned to partner with the Foundation, which seeks to execute global research to better understand current marketplace/industry trends. Use your diverse experience to submit proposals on today’s hot topics, including but not limited to:
- ESG Cybersecurity
- Data Analytics
- DEI & Internal Audit
- Internal Audit in the Future
To begin your journey of being an Internal Audit Foundation author, we recommend you familiarize yourself with the Author Tools on this page. Then email email@example.com with an outline of your project concept. It will take about 4 to 6 weeks for a project manager to review your submission and respond with the next steps.
Benefits of Becoming an Author
- Worldwide Exposure – The IIA’s and the Foundation’s reputations as leaders and advocates within the internal audit profession precede every publication as a published product that adheres to The IIA’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards).
- Peer Review – All books, research reports, whitepapers, and products published by the Foundation undergo a peer-review process by a select team of subject matter expert (SME) volunteers who have expertise in the work’s topic. Reviewers provide feedback, serve as advisers to the author, and make valuable contributions to improving the product’s overall quality. For the author, peer review validates an author’s work, lending credibility that the material is accurate and relevant.
- Professional Editing and Service – Our team of in-house editors works closely with authors to ensure the accuracy, correctness, and quality of the final product. We also have staff to assist with project management and data analysis.
- Marketing and Distribution – Books published by the Foundation are marketed to practitioners in various delivery methods and platforms, including Apple Store and Amazon.
- CPE Credits – As an author, you may earn up to 25 CPE credit hours for a published work (subject to work length and project scope).
- Complimentary Copies (printed books only).