The IIA’s Data Analytics and Literacy Certificate Program
Data is the driving force for most management decisions and many leaders will tell you it is their most valuable asset. Master your ability to help guide organizations by improving their data literacy and data management. This certificate program showcases fundamental competencies in 9 key areas that demonstrate the ability to effectively assess an organization's data governance and management practices, including their data analytics capabilities.
This certificate and its objectives are divided into four parts:
Part 1 - An Auditors Primer to Data Governance and Management
- Explore the origin of data and information.
- Recognize the characteristics of strong data governance.
- Describe the primary deliverable from an effective governance process.
- Identify the primary considerations and activities associated to solid data management.
- Discuss variations on how data governance and management is approached based on organization size and industry.
- Consider the value of data analytics and methods for managing data obtained during the audit activity.
- Understand preliminary concepts related to data literacy.
Part 2: The Art of Gathering and Validating Data for Analytics
- Explore common data gathering techniques.
- Identify where data exists and how (and when) to request it.
- Recognize the importance of validating data before starting analysis and methods to validate and deal with exceptions and outliers.
- Discuss the key steps in data analysis.
- Describe the key differences between continuous monitoring and continuous auditing.
Part 3 - Using Data Analytics to Assess Enterprise Control Effectiveness
- Discuss the advantages and concerns when data is consolidated and normalized from multiple devices.
- Discuss how internal audit can perform data analysis on data coming from multiple integration points.
- Recognize the potential of using data analytics to uncover business problems, beyond fraud.
- Describe how internal audit can address business requests for analytics and maintain compliance with the IIA standards.
Part 4: Effectively Applying Data Analytics In Assessing High Volume Data Environments
- Describe opportunities and challenges when using data analytics in highly communitive systems.
- Discover internal audit’s role in data analytics for automation-related activities.
- Explore opportunities for gathering data and performing data analytics regarding macros, business process automation (BPA), automated workflows, artificial intelligence,
- Recognize opportunities for auditors to utilize data analytics during digital transformation planning and rollouts.
View Other IIA Certificates
Auditing the Cybersecurity Program Certificate
Auditing the Cybersecurity Program Certificate is designed to ensure the internal audit community possesses the fundamental competencies to effectively assess an organizations cybersecurity governance and management practices, including their cybersecurity program capabilities.
Financial Services Audit Certificate
It’s the perfect time to enhance your specialized knowledge and showcase your expertise in 11 key areas by completing the new Financial Services Audit Certificate. Passing the program exam demonstrates your competency in today’s most relevant financial services audit techniques and topics and distinguishes you from your peers.
Choose from two COSO certificates. The COSO ERM Certificate program offers you the unique opportunity to learn the concepts and principles of the newly updated ERM framework. The COSO Internal Control Certificate program takes you through the COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework.